weekly menu 2/21/22

​I didn’t make an actual menu this week. I went to the store with a vague idea of what I wanted this week, but I didn’t really even make a plan after buying the food. I am exhausted and this is going to be a wing-it kind of week. We don’t always have to plan everything, right?


TW: parental loss

Hoya Cordata

(Pictured: a Hoya Cordata I sent my mom for Mother’s Day 2020)





We were traveling to visit family over the weekend because my mom passed away last week. She was in the hospital for over a month battling complications from Covid. It was a long horrible battle that I will not even attempt to recount here. And although this was definitely not the outcome we wanted, we are finding solace in knowing she is no longer suffering. 


My mom loved to cook and she always made really good chili. We weren’t able to visit for Christmas in 2021 bc we were in quarantine, so my step dad gave us our gifts when we visited over weekend, after my mom had already passed. She gave my sister and I wooden spurtles. So, I will have to make a big pot of chili soon so I can put it to use and I’m very excited about that. She will be missed. 


Here are some of the things I bought today to piece together meals for the week:

Chicken breast, smoked sausage, taco slider shells, mozzarella filled ravioli, red curry paste, pad Thai sauce, cilantro rice, red peppers, green beans, and baby carrots 


Pantry items I already have:

Pesto sauce, basmati rice, rice noodles, baby potatoes, ingredients to make naan, chicken broth


I will also be going to the Indian grocery store this week for a few things too. Things we will likely have this week/weekend:

Tacos with rice

Red curry chicken with peppers and green beans

Paneer (sauce tbd), naan, samosas

Fried smoked sausage chucks with roasted potatoes

Pesto ravioli with salad


That is all. Have a delicious week. 


Comments

Popular Posts