Weekly Menu 11/28/22

 Hey there turkeys! Thanksgiving is over and we are trucking right into the Happy Holidays! I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with laughter, fun, and good food.

We traveled to our hometown for Thanksgiving and stayed in the only Airbnb in town that allows children. It was already decorated for the holidays, so it got us in the mood for all things Christmas! This was our third time staying here, and we feel super lucky to have snagged it for the holidays too. It is an old brick Victorian era farmhouse. It was built in 1890 and its creaky and old and just beautiful (with some modern updates). Its located a half mile from the middle of town, and my in-laws. It's also right next to McDonalds! Anyway, we hosted Thanksgiving dinner here with my dad and my little sister's family. The boys got to play with their cousins and only one kid fell asleep on the couch. I call that a success!

And here is one of our favorite decorations in the whole house. This picture hanging in the upstairs bathroom.


I didn't take any pictures of the food, only one of a raw spatchcocked turkey, and I'll spare you that. But, I will show you my first attempt at homemade samosas from last week. They look really bad, but they were very tasty. Filled with ground lamb, onion, and peas. I think if I make them again, I would add potatoes too... maybe. I had a package of paneer and some butter chicken spice mix, so I also made paneer butter masala. (I over-filled the dish. It spilled all over the table...)


And that's enough about Thanksgiving. The kids have today (Monday) off of school and we are going to the movies after lunch, so let's get to that menu!

Monday: Carne Asada Street Tacos
Tuesday: Jackson County Veals
Wednesday: Skillet Louisiana Style Chicken and Rice (from Half Baked Harvest- I haven't tried this yet, but it looks so good!)
Thursday: Cheddar Pierogies with Bacon and Caramelized Onions (also a HBH recipe I haven' tried yet)
Friday: Pizza for the fam. I will be at the MS helping with Holiday Connection setup all evening.
Saturday: Holiday Connection!! Its 11-2, so not dinner, but I'm mentioning it because its a big deal and its the 10th year the PTA has been putting this on! No clue what we will have for dinner yet.
Sunday: TBD. Maybe I should start putting Sunday at the beginning because I usually shop on Sundays. We had hotdogs for dinner last night, at the request of my oldest...

I want to decorate for Christmas now, but I don't have time. It's raining outside, so I can't put up lights yet either. I guess I'll just go make some lunch and buy movie tickets and enjoy the day... Let me know what you're eating!

Have a delicious week!


Comments

Popular Posts