Weekly Menu 12/19/22

 Its the most wonderful time of the year! My kids are on winter break from school and fighting non-stop and I'm flying around cleaning, wrapping gifts, finishing up shopping, and breaking up fights. Definitely the most wonderful time! haha.

Seriously though, I do look forward to this time of year. The past few years, I haven't really been in the Christmas mood. It was a major chore to get out the decorations, get a tree, make cookies, and do all the things. Maybe it was the whole covid-stank covering everything, maybe I was just tired from having young kids. Either way, this year I feel renewed and I'm looking forward to celebrating with my family! My niece (older sister's youngest) is expecting her first baby early next year, and I haven't seen her bump in person yet. My kids love hanging out with their younger cousins (little sister's kids) and my oldest niece's kids (second cousins? I need to refer to a genealogy chart. My older sister's kid's kids) 

There are so many parenthesis in this post! Also, yesterday was my husband's birthday. He picked to spend the whole day at Ray's MTB indoor mountain bike park. We had so much fun. This was T's first time being able to ride here. Last year, T was between riding a balance bike and really starting to ride a pedal bike, so he wasn't able to actually ride there yet. Yesterday, we started him off in the beginner room and by the end of the day, he was doing loops on the big pump track on his own. I'll post a video on socials, check it out there.

On Saturday, my husband decided he wanted to try making fried chicken sandwiches in the wok. It worked amazingly and they were so delicious. I want another...

In other news, I found a box of Topo Chico at Walmart and popped that puppy right in my cart! We can hardly ever find glass bottles of Topo, so its a nice treat when we do. We had ranch waters last night because we also found Mango chamoy at Burlington Coat Factory last week (No judgement...). Its been and exciting week, haha!

So, as we wind our way down to Christmas this coming weekend, I unfortunately still need to feed my family every day, so here is the menu this week. My husband really wanted FlipSide for his birthday, but they aren't open on Mondays, so we will sneak a visit in sometime this week, TBD.

Monday: Birthday dinner! We ordered BDubs takeout and had a DQ ice cream cake w/ extra fudge crunch

Tuesday: Tacos, just plain ol' American Tacos

Wednesday: Maybe Flipside

Thursday: Brussel Sprouts and Lemon Garlic Butter chicken

Friday: We are anticipating a big storm so I'll likely just make a pizza

Saturday: Merry Dipmas!

Sunday: Merry Christmas! I'm not sure what we will have yet.


I hope your week is uneventful in the best way. Have a merry holiday season, whatever you celebrate. I'm wishing you love, health, and happiness this season and always.

Have a delicious week.


Comments

Popular Posts