Weekly Menu 1-9-23

It's another Monday! I'm just gonna say it: Monday Suzy is mad at Sunday night Suzy for not adding any snack foods to the pickup order... The struggle is real! I ate seaweed snack to satisfy my need to crunch something at lunchtime. 

My little sister's birthday is this weekend! I'm so excited to see her. It's been a whole 19 days between visits. Per her request, I'm making orange cardamon scones for her birthday breakfast. This recipe is from HomeMade Winter by Yvette Van Boven, and we have made them so many times that the binding in the cookbook is broken on this page. Highly recommend checking it out.

On a non-food related note, I have so many little plants propagating right now. I've chopped up a bunch of vining plants and have them rooting in water. Winter plant upkeep seems like it should be easier than spring/summer, but it stresses me out. It's supposed to be the time of rest, but I feel like my plants need more attention in winter than summer. The humidity is lower in my house and the light needs are harder to meet. I feel like my plants dry out quicker inside too. All that to say, we will have a bunch of little propagated plants for sale on our facebook page if you are interested in grabbing some. I'll be potting some of the older props later this week and posting the video on TikTok (@Plantdemicoh)


Last week, I said one of my goals this year was to actually post recipes, instead of just saying I should. Look for a homemade granola recipe soon! I'm not just saying it, I just haven't made any in a while and now that I don't have any snack food in my house (because of Sunday night Suzy, that rat) I need to make some. 

Ok, so on to the food this week. I'll be out of town Friday afternoon-Sunday afternoon hanging with my little sis, so it will be a dad and the boys weekend!

Monday: Chicken, Green Beans, and Mashed Potatoes

Tuesday: Tacos

Wednesday: Sausage and Rice 

Thursday: Butternut Squash soup

Friday/Sat/Sun: Boys Weekend!

Have a delicious week!


Comments

Popular Posts