Weekly Menu 1/2/23

 Happy New Year! Let's get this year started off with another menu. I need to do a pantry clean-out, so we are doing some asian food this week. I tend to hoard noodles and spice kits.... so we are using those up this week to make room for the new ones I'll inevitably buy, hahaha! I love Homiah Foods spice kits and I have one of their Singaporean Laksa spice kit that expires this month, so we will be having laksa for lunch this week too.

I also visited a new (to me) asian supermarket on Friday with a friend. Park to Shop Supermarket in the Asiatown neighborhood on the east side of Cleveland was full of some great finds. There's a whole section of cold cans of coffee with milk and sugar, thai iced tea, and milk tea with boba. I got a steamer basket for Christmas, so I was on the hunt for all the things to steam. I found these cute little steam buns (rabbits and turtles) and had to try them! They were not very good, but they were really cute!

I also picked up some pork soup dumplings, pork steam buns, and custard steam buns. We ate the soup dumplings last night. Unfortunately, some of the dumplings were a little cracked from being frozen, so they leaked down into the water and weren't soupy inside like we hoped. This just made us want to try making our own soon.

Now that Christmas is over, the snow needs to just stay away. Even though I live in Ohio and know that winter can go well into April (or even May sometimes), I just think it would be appropriate if the snow just stopped after Christmas...  We also just booked our summer beach vacation. We are heading to Kure Beach again and we are suer excited (even though its still 6 months away). I also started putting together a sheet for our summer bucket list. There are somethings we didn't do this past summer, that I want to make sure we do this year. There are a couple of playgrounds we want to visit and I need to set up a weekly recurring play-day just to make sure we get outside and don't waste the summer away watching YouTube.

Anyways, on to the menu. Like I said, I have a lot of things that need to be used up. I'll need a few perishables this week, but almost everything will come out of the pantry.

Monday: Panang Curry with chicken and rice
Tuesday: Creamy mushroom udon
Wednesday: Malaysian Red Curry with chicken and rice
Thursday: Vietnamese Chicken Vermicelli bowls
Friday: Pizza, either homemade or delivery
Sat/Sun: TBD


One of my goals for this year is to actually post some recipes. Today is not that day, but hopefully soon. Maybe. 
Have a delicious week!


Comments

Popular Posts