Weekly Menu 2/13/23

 Happy Valentine's Day! It's been over a month since my last menu post, yikes.....  I've been planning menus each week, I just haven't been posting them. So much has happened since then! I tried my hand at making Korean corndogs! They were really good. I made 4 hotdog ones and 4 mozzarella and hotdog ones. The hotdog centers had french fry chunks on the outside and the 1/2 mozz ones just had panko. That cheese pull, so good! Top with a drizzle of ketchup, mustard and a sprinkle of sugar and they are ready to be chomped!

Korean Corndog with hotdog center and fries on the outside

Korean Corndog with 1/2 mozz cheese and 1/2 hotdog

I also made Dutch babies for Sunday breakfast a few weeks ago. I used to be able to make 1 to feed all of us, but now I have to make 2. Those growing boys... This crispy edge is a thing of beauty. My favorite recipe is from Alton Brown.

And finally, I made granola this past weekend. This is my little sister's recipe. I make variations on it based on what I have on hand. Sometimes I use different nuts, or no nuts. This particular batch did not get nuts (despite there being nuts in the picture) so my kids can take it to school for snack. 


Here is the recipe:


Now, on to the menu for this week:

Monday- Chicken and rice bowls with spinach mix, cauliflower, and black beans
Tuesday- Continuing the tradition of having Chinese food for Valentines Day
Wednesday- Salmon, roasted asparagus, and potato chunks
Thursday: Going to a friend's birthday party
Friday: Pizza Delivery!
Sat/Sun- TBD

And also wishing my Dad a Happy Birthday! He turns 66 today and, even though I couldn't see him (he lives 4 hours away), I ordered him a gluten free Cardo's pizza for lunch, which my sister kindly delivered.

That is all for now. Have a delicious week!


Comments

Popular Posts