Weekly Menu 5/1/23

 It is May first! This half of the school year has flown by! We only have 20 days of school left and parks and rec opened summer sports registration today. Now my June/July calendar is filled with rec sports and basketball camps, and summer will fly by like spring has.

I skipped a menu last week because I was, honestly, too busy to sit down and write one. I did make pizza mid-week though. I couldn't stop thinking about the hot honey pizza we had in the fall when we went to Narrowsburg, NY. It was a mozzarella and soppressata with hot honey drizzled on top. It was from a little spot overlooking the Delaware River called The Laundrette and it was so delicious. So, I tried to replicate it. And while my attempt was very tasty, it didn't quite measure up to the original. Maybe I'll just have to keep trying this summer. I don't have any photos of the original pizza in NY, but here is a photo of the Delaware River from the patio of The Laundrette.



And here is my attempt at the soppressata and hot honey pizza this week. A little crispy on top and not styled, but still delicious.


The weather this week is gross, wet, and cold. I'm not motivated to cook anything, but I guess my family still needs to eat, haha. So, here goes:

Monday: Charcuterie, because why not?

Tuesday: PTA Flower Delivery Day, so we will eat out after delivery is over.

Wednesday: Family Literacy Night at the elementary school! Pizza is being provided.

Thursday: Korean Corndogs

Friday: Maybe pizza? Maybe something else?

Sat/Sun: I have some andouille sausage I picked up at the butcher shop, so maybe grilling if the weather cooperates...


And that is the week. It's nice to have a slow week. The last month has been go go go to get ready for this week (right to read week) and now its here and I can take a breath. I love being part of the PTA, but the last 2 months of school are always the hardest to balance. I start to feel the burnout, but then suddenly its over and I can remember and appreciate why we do what we do. Anyways, looking forward to summer break and the last 4 weeks of school (which includes 2 dr appointments, a vet appointment, a field trip, a DQ dine to donate night, a yard sale, a few volunteer days, and likely something else). Bring on summer, please!


Have a delicious week!

Comments

Popular Posts