Summer Update 7/8/23

​Hey friends! It has been half the summer since my last post. My menus have been spotty, to say the least. We are now halfway through the summer break and I need to get back into menu planning. 


So, when I last left you we were a few weeks away from celebrating T’s 6th birthday. Unfortunately a few days before that, we had to make the very hard decision to say goodbye to our 15.25yr old black lab, Hardy. He was the absolute best dog and it was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make. Luckily, our vet’s office has some amazing people and they handled the whole process like the pros they are. It’s been weird without him the last month, but we are adjusting. 


He will be missed by so many! ❤️


T turned 6 last month as well. We had a fun little party with some of his friends. I took zero pictures 😳. I also took very few pictures on his actual birthday. But here is a picture of the baby house finches in a planter on our porch on his birthday. Fun fact: finches create a poop wreath around their nests to keep poop out of the nest. 

 

A week later we left for vacation in Kure Beach, NC. I have too many pictures, but here are a few. 


A pelican on the Kure Beach pier


Swimming at Kure Beach. 


Sunset from the top of the Ferris wheel in Carolina Beach


Fort Fisher


Peach and pecan cobbler from The Peach Cobbler Factory 


NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher


And a little sunrise from the boardwalk to the beach  across the street from our condo. 


Now, we are in Ohio and dealing with rain and hot temps. G finished tennis for the summer. Now we just have a few more basketball sessions and we are done with sports for a bit. 


I’ve been creating some art and finished a few pieces recently. 




And a little sketching in my small sketchbook. 


Over the holiday weekend, we headed to Columbus for a family cookout and took the boys to the Book Loft in German Village. I think I need way more time to explore this place!




G took some great pictures of the Pataskala fireworks. This was the first get together for my family where every single kid, child, and grandchild attended. My sisters and brother are so fun and I miss them and their families. ❤️

Next week, we will (maybe) be back to regularly scheduled menu posts. 

Hope you’re having a great summer! Have a delicious week!


Comments

Popular Posts