Weekly Menu 7/10/23

 Happy Monday! Back to the regularly scheduled weekly menus, maybe.

We made a rule this summer that the kids can't watch TV or play video games until 3pm during the week. This has resulted in a ridiculous amount of reading this summer. The boys have completed the Kent library reading challenge and are almost done with the Portage library reading challenge. They have received so many books as prizes too! It's almost time to go cash in our prize points again. We will cash in at a different library this time so the prize books are different, haha! Its a good problem to have!

A few weeks ago, I picked the last of the original lettuce in the garden. I paired it with some kale and dill from the garden bags (I love these garden bags! I will keep using them for years to come). It made a delicious salad.


This year, I decided to try my hand at growing some edible flowers. I used a mixed seed packet from Sow True Seed and the results are great so far! I have so many buds about to bloom. There are so many in the mix, but right now there are cornflower, borage, cilantro, and nasturtiums blooming. I'm going to make focaccia later this week and hope that some of the other flowers bloom to make a pretty scene on the bread.
I also planted some poppy seeds from Sow True Seed and have one plant almost ready to bloom as well.
The cornflowers are just looming over the others and i love watching them sway in the wind. I will definitely be planting more if this mix next year.

If you know me well, you know I could probably live on ramen. It is my favorite food group. I'm normally a fancy, crazy-long stock prep, over the top ramen kind of person, but tiktok ramen has won me over. It makes such a tasty quick lunch, and it helps when you have leftover schnitzel from dinner the night before to put on top!

That everything bagel seasoning is just the best finishing touch! Also, BQM has decent schnitzel. I normally use pork tenderloin and pound it thin and cracker crust it before frying for sandwiches (J-co veal style iykyk), but this was a pretty good substitute.

Alright, thats enough catching up. Now lets get to the menu:

Monday: Pizza Orzo
Tuesday: Korean Corndogs
Wednesday: Drunken Noodles with Chicken
Thursday: Chicken Pesto Focaccia Sandwiches
Friday: Pizza
Sat/Sun: TBD

That is all. Have a delicious week!

Comments

Popular Posts