Weekly Menu 1-3-22

​Happy new year, friends! If you know me irl, you know I love a good grain bowl! Starting the year out with a bunch of easy bowls this week. If you’ve never made one, it’s pretty simple:

1. Add a grain (rice, quinoa, couscous, etc)

2. Add your proteins (beans, tofu, chicken, pork, lentils, beef)

3. Add greens (chopped kale, lettuce, spinach)

4. Add veggies: mix and match fresh and cooked (roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, edamame, carrots, squash, fresh cucumber, tomato, peppers, cabbage)

5. Add dressings and toppings (peanut sauce, tahini, teriyaki, green sauce, dressings, seeds and nuts, cheeses, salsa, green onions)


The possibilities are endless here. And this is a great way to clean out your fridge too! So here is my menu for the week and I’m making bowls. I’ll post some recipes soon. 


Monday: Chicken Fajita bowls with crispy tortilla strips

Tuesday: Vietnamese vermicelli bowls with crispy spring rolls

Wednesday: Falafel Bowls with pitas 

Thursday: Roasted Sweet Potato and Golden Beets bowls

Friday: pizza delivery!

Saturday: I’ll be in Columbus celebrating my sister’s upcoming birthday!

Sunday: TBD



Pictured is a previous chicken bowl with rice noodles, fried chicken, chopped kale, carrots and cucumber. 


Have a delicious week!

Comments

Popular Posts