Weekly Menu 7/11/22

 Hey there. Have you noticed a theme with my summer menu posts yet? I've only been posting every 2 weeks because, well frankly, I forget! Last week, we made pizza, grilled hotdogs, made Hawaiian chicken with rice, and Malaysian red curry. 

Totally random, but last week I found this huge salt crystal as I was refilling the salt cellar.


The summer is slipping by so quickly and we have barely touched our summer checklist. We wanted to do 6 camping trips, mountain biking, hikes, and visit new playgrounds. However, various things have kept us from getting to some of it. Between a tonsillectomy, poison ivy, a foot issue, sports practices, and the crazy heatwaves we've had that make me not even want to go outside, we just haven't gotten much done besides watching TV and playing in our yard. We did go swimming at one of the beaches on our list on Saturday. This morning we hit up a splash pad with friends, so that checks off another two items.

We've already planned a camping trip this month that includes mountain biking, so we are looking forward to that. My task for the rest of today is to figure out which playgrounds we want to check out this week or next and when we can invite friends over for a water play day.

Here's the menu for the week. Sort of ambitious given my general state of malaise this summer. Ha!:

Monday: Rigatoni al forno

Tuesday: Pork Pot Stickers and spring rolls with ground chicken

Wednesday: Sushi. G requested Dynamite rolls and its been quite a few years since I've made sushi at home, so we'll just see how this goes

Thursday: Indonesian Rendang Beef Curry with rice. (Homiah spice kits are the absolute best!!)

Friday: Probably delivery pizza, per usual

Sat/Sun: TBD


That is all for now. Let me know in the comments how your summer is going and what you're making!

Have a delicious week.



Comments

Popular Posts