Weekly Menu 5/22/23

 Happy Monday! It's the last week of school over here. We are making our way through and enjoying this sunshine! I didn't post a menu last week because I simply forgot. I hope anyone celebrating had an amazing Mother's Day. Mine was super low-key, I even took a nap on the deck in a patio chair after reading a book on my kindle. The day started out with the traditional and famous homemade Orange Cardamom Scones from The Minimalist Kitchen cookbook. It's been a celebratory breakfast staple in this house for many years. They are so good coupled with the orange blossom water and mascarpone cheese smear.



Last week, I noticed a pair of pretty little house finches making a nest in my hanging basket on the front porch. I'm not sure why I didn't put a stop to it before the eggs came, but I didn't. Now there are 4 pretty little speckled eggs sitting in it and I have to be so careful when I water the flowers now. 


And lastly, the menu for the week. Nothing crazy this week. I tried using an online recipe generator where you give it ingredients you have and it will give you a recipe that has them in it. The website was too involved, but I managed to get 2 recipes for this week. Tonight's was this Taco Skillet that I turned into a bowl. Everyone loved it and there was enough left over to have for lunch tomorrow!

Monday: Ground Beef Taco Skillet Bowls with tortilla chips, pico, and spicy greek yogurt drizzle
Tuesday: Chicken Bahn Mi Sandwiches
Wednesday: Calzones
Thursday: hummus and veggies. I may make some pita, we'll see.
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Grilled food
Sunday: Grilled food

Have a delicious week! 


Comments

Popular Posts