Menu week of 2-8-09

As I just got back in town this afternoon, there was no Sunday menu post. This weekend I visited the family and ate some tasty local cuisine. I met an old friend at Dakota's roadhouse for dinner on Saturday evening. We haven't talked in 7 years (which means since we were in high school) so we were able to catch up and share our gossip about our old classmates. It was a good time. I had a bacon angus cheeseburger, fries, and a sweet tea, which the waiter was kind enough to ask if I wanted vodka in. Sadly, I had to refuse because Jared wasn't there to drive me home. Sunday, we had t-bones, baked potatoes, corn, and grilled pineapple. Grilled pineapple is quite possibly the most delicious thing on the planet. This afternoon, I met my mom at Cardo's Pizza in Jackson (which is my favorite pizza ever) and she gave me a cute little Valentine's card. I brought a pepperoni pizza back up here for Jared and I for dinner. So without further delay, here is the rest of the week's menu.

Tuesday: Kielbasa and caesar pasta salad
Wednesday: Brenner; probably scrambled eggs and bacon and sausage or waffles
Thursday: Cheeseburgers and oven potatoes
Friday: Italian chicken, baked potatoes, and green beans
Saturday: per V-day tradition, we will be having chinese takeout. We started doing this about 5 years ago when we were in college.
Sunday: TBD, just not coming up with anything good right now

Cute story: the year we started the chinese food thing for Valentine's day dinner, I sent Jared an invitation to the dinner I had planned. We lived in dorms right next to each other, but I opted to mail the invite rather than just hand it to him or just slip it under his door. We had these study rooms in the hallway of my dorm, so I reserved on for 6:00 that day. The invite I sent him had a picture of the study room drawn with a clock that read 6:00. He got it in the mail and then came over at 6 and we had chinese food for dinner. It has been our thing ever since.

Well it is getting late. Good night and have a delicious week!

Comments

Popular Posts